Help With Depression
Feel Like You Need To Talk?
Help With Depression
Depression is a mental state in which a person has feelings of great unhappiness and hopelessness. Depression can be akin to looking into a vast well of continuous anguish. taking on depression therapy is a great way to manage the issue and can lead to many other positives.
Depression not only affects the brain but the body as well in a variety of different ways.
Depending upon the situation around us we all experience different types of feelings from sadness to euphoria. Whilst feeling sad for a relatively short period of time is completely normal feeling this way for a long period “a week or longer” is a sign that something could be wrong with your mental condition, you could be suffering from depression.
Depression can affect anyone from a child to a senior citizen.
Depression can last from a few weeks to several years and in extreme cases a lifetime.
The World Health Organization (WHO) describes depression as a debilitating condition that can be extremely serious and therefore requires expert medical attention. Some of the common signs of depression are listed below.
Common Depression Symptoms
- Feeling upset without reason
- Reduced appetite
- Lack of interest in things you enjoy
- Abnormal weight loss or gain
- Sleeping disorders – sleeping too much or not at all
- Lack of sexual desire
- Feeling tired all the time
- Talking slowly
- Feeling guilty or worthless
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Recurring thoughts of death.
The effects of depression upon the body
Depression has some serious effects on our body and mind, these include chronic pain, obesity, weight-loss, and hair loss. Below are the common effects of depression.
Common effects of depression
- Chronic Pain: Depression not only affects your mind but also your physical health. Chronic pain is one of the major issues suffered by people in depression. This can be headaches, unexplained muscle and joint pains.
- Heart Problems: Depression can lower the ability of a person to make good lifestyle choices, such as poor diet, and abnormal sleep patterns that can affect the heart.
- Inflammation: Research studies have shown that depression can weaken the immune system and cause swelling in parts of the anatomy. It can also be linked to other issues such as arthritis, thyroid problems, constipation and diabetes.
- Sexual problems: Another common issue faced by the people in depression is the lack of sexual desire. The patient may experience trouble in becoming aroused or having an orgasm. Due to the lack of sexual ability relationship problems are common during depression.
Depression can a have a physical as well as mental affect upon a person and seeking professional help is strongly advised.
My Family Psychologist offers the best depression therapy in Newcastle Upon Tyne (we also provide virtual support across the UK).
Our team consists of experienced and highly qualified psychologists and therapists. We can help you to overcome depression, sleep disorder and other relative issues such as anxiety.
To seek help and take the first step please contact us on 07801 079555, email us at email@example.com or fill in our online contact form.